Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm still looking for that perfect dress..... I guess!


I posted this some time ago, but it strikes my heart to sound it again!!

Here is a poem by Hafiz, a Persian poet whose prose can only lift your spirit and inflame your heart!


Look! I Am a Whale!


We live on the Sun's playground.
Here, everyone gets what they want.

Sometimes the body of a beautiful woman,
Sometimes the body of a beautiful man,
Sometimes the body of both in one.

We used to play that kind of tag
In the animal world, too.
Now a mouse, now a tiger,
Look! I am a whale -- I got tired of the land,
Went back to the ocean for a while.

What power is it in our sinew and mind
That will not die,
That keeps us shopping for the perfect dress?

We have all heard the Flute Player
And keep dancing toward Him.

Hafiz, you have seen the Flute Player
and cannot help but whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.