Translate

Sunday, May 16, 2021

One Life

 

Before my eyes

looked upon this Gaia,

before the cold air

pricked my skin,

before I was evicted

from mother’s safe place…

 

the angel kissed my brow

and locked my memories away

behind a firewall,

that diaphanous veil

we are not privy to peer thru

while traveling this unique journey,

lest we look upon Truth

and understand

and warn the others

to mind their actions

and even their thoughts

and especially their words.

 

I walk and talk

I create and destroy

I sin and praise

I laugh and cry

and am joyfully awed all too often.

I lust and bless…

 

and dream…

 

until that angel

shall kiss my brow once again

and I am called Home

with another cache of memories,

another suitcase to stow away,

grateful for all.

 

And then to be called

once again to another life,

 --- if I so choose ---

to another mission,

another dream,

another kiss…

 

I will to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.