Translate

Thursday, April 16, 2020

The King


The King
 In the guarded pale castle
the would-be king plots and plans.
He whispers to his minions:
“Tell them some wild stories
so they’ll think they have juicy ‘news.’
You know what I mean.
Then I can rant and rail
of their evilness.
‘Fake News!’ ‘Fake News!’
You are all evil people!
You only want to hurt me!
Why don’t you like me?
I’m the most likeable person on earth!
Why don’t you believe me
like all the scarecrows?
Why don’t you love me?

I only want the best
for all American….. businessmen,
my cronies, my pals.
We do run the world,
you know.
We do.
You can’t have a life
without us.
We do run the world.
Why don’t you love me for that?
Why don’t you love me?”

The would-be king
will leave the pale castle…
but not without
leaving this country
scarred and reeling,
‘til we who love the Good
will work hand-in-hand
to right the wrongs,
to heal the sickness,
to console the grieving,
to rebuild the spirit
of the most amazing nation
on this planet, Earth.

So it is said.
So it will be.

agd 4.16.2020

VOICE RECORDING - THE KING Link might not work - copy the url below
https://soundcloud.com/allen-dec/the-king_4162020-agd



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.