Translate

Sunday, November 26, 2017

If I Cry

I thought…
If I cry….

If I would just cry
from the pit
of my aching heart,

pour out tears
for the pained hearts
who perpetrate violence,
who find injustice
and not cooperation
a way of life,
who cannot cry themselves
to relieve their hidden pain
and be healed.

If only I would cry,
I thought,
perhaps hearts
will be lightened
and minds will be enlightened
and peace will be born.

Perhaps I cannot change others,
but I can change myself.
My tears cleanse only me,
laving the channels
of spirit and blood
so love will flow,
chi will circulate,
and the quantum center
of my fragile humanity
will vibrate and radiate
and heal the space I walk through
and the souls upon whom
I espy.

And that is sometimes all I can do.
If I would just cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.