Translate

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Eternal Quest

What am I?
Who am I?
Where do I come from?
Where am I going?

A Star Trek alien
called humans: "bags of water" -
a conglomerate of molecules?
Then what animates?
Simple organic electricity?
Then who thinks?

With eyes to see,
the silver cord connects
to this "bag of water" - fluid
- or fluidity of being -
As above, so below -
I am more than this Allen,
or Paula, Chad, or Ophelia.

I evolve, morph,
transform -
matter matters, yes,
but Spirit fits the form.
I am more.

And next time
I will be different,
may be he, maybe she,
may be pink, black or brown,
handsomely beautiful or not,
planting rice
or teaching metaphysics,
but I will be "new" -
Spirit fits the form,
and I fulfill a purpose.

Selah

agd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.