Translate

Monday, September 12, 2016

Only One, True Sangha (Community)

We all want to belong.
We all want to experience
meaning and purpose.
We all want to know love.

Therefore, we join ---
I marry.
I am Christian.
I am Jewish.
I am Buddhist.
I am Muslim.
We can say the same
for culture or politics ---
I am American.
I am French, Chinese, Democrat.

But the real Sangha (community of one mind and heart)
is more basic,
and even as it is so simple a concept,
it is difficult to achieve ---

I am human.

And every practice
born of "religion" (which means to link together, to be of one mind and heart),
or born of culture,
when stripped of its veneer of
language, ritual, dogma
and Teacher ---
is the same.

I am human.
I am soul.
I am Soul.

Therefore,
manage your own journey,
but respect every road

which leads home.

agd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.