Translate

Sunday, April 12, 2015

What more?

How do I know
when I'm done?

I am a gardener,
a teacher,
a priest,
a preacher,
a contemplative,
a poet,
a church musician,
a music teacher,
a composer of music,
a writer,
a harpist,
an artist.

I entertained people,
counseled people,
inspired people,
helped people,
consoled people,
worked with people,
taught people,
guided people,
and probably misguided some.
(No one's perfect)

Now I see others -
teaching,
preaching,
writing beautiful poetry,
making music,
writing music,
performing music,
entertaining people,
counseling people,
helping people,
consoling people,
working with people,
teaching people,
guiding people
and gathering people.
I empathize,
and I still go
where I am called
to be.

But when do
I let go and say:
"I'm done -
now it's YOUR turn?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.