Translate

Monday, April 2, 2012

Say: "The fault is mine."

I am a drop in the ocean,
but I am also the ocean.
How I act, how I change,
so also is the ocean affected.

Apply the above to any situation, e.g.:

The more I heal and become whole,
so also does my family, my community,
my species, my America becomes healed,
becomes whole.

My very thoughts ripple out from me
like a stone dropped into a mirrored pool.
This is why Jesus can say that even our thoughts
can be "sin" (e.g. - sin is an act of selfishness which
affects other persons adversely). Mat 5:22

Thus, our very thoughts are like radio waves which
ripple out from us - they can affect others for good
or for ill. How often have you "felt" the negativity of
another person? ... or the joy of another person?

So purify your thoughts, pray for everyone you pass by,
whether in the mall, in the park, or on the highway.
Your thoughts change the world and the people around you.

Scary, isn't it?

But it is the challenge Jesus gives us
if we want to transform this world.
"Do unto others..."
"... and love your neighbor as yourself."
"Love your enemies...."
"...give him your coat as well..."
"..forgive from your heart.." (the most important admonition)

How do YOU want to transform this world?

During this Holy Week, 2012, let us all ponder the state of our thoughts, and let us promise ourselves to work diligently to purify our thoughts and intentions. The future of humanity depends upon each of us to "make a difference." It is not up to the other person to change. God speaks to ME to give up old ways of "instinct" and "popular", "learned" reaction, and to think and act as the child of God that I am. Let e-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.