Translate

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Day of Psalms

 

It’s a cloudless day.

The road narrows

The gate opens

The crowd roars

 

So many smiles

The fronds fly

 

I’m giggling

 

The mule warms me

in the cool morning air

 

I know what this means

I’ve seen it played out

There’s no turning back

It’s my role in the drama.

I’m fine, really.

 

The joy in their smiles

will turn bitter

and history will not be understood

for generations ---

if ever at all.

 

But it must be done,

I must play my part,

no matter how it’s remembered --- by them ---

It will be enough

to turn heads and challenge hearts

to transform generations of history.

 

So many will say “I believe”

but they still don’t get it.

Innocent blood stains the hands

of the best “believers.”

 

But no matter ---

I must play my part

and keep smiling… for them.

 

Exit – stage left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.